Photographs and videos are a wonderful way to remember your visit to Northwind Perennial Farm. We allow customers to take casual photographs and videos of their visit for their own personal use. But, if you are coming to the gardens for the purpose of taking posed photos or photos of the buildings and grounds for commercial use or profit, please contact us at 262.248.8229 to obtain a photo permit.
The Photography Guidelines outlined below are intended for all customers and visitors, but a permit is necessary for those who wish to use Northwind Perennial Farm as the background for posed or commercial photography. This includes wedding, family, engagement, graduation, prom, senior photos and those taken for commercial use or profit. This applies to professional and non-professional photographers alike.
Wedding ceremonies, receptions or other special occasions scheduled at Northwind are welcome to take their photographs during their rental time at no additional fee.
General Photography/Videography Guidelines
- Please call ahead to schedule your visit. There may be another scheduled event that would conflict with a photo shoot. In the event of rain, you may reschedule your session.
- Photography sessions must be during normal business hours unless given special permission by the owners. Additional fees may apply if requesting access to Northwind outside of the normal business hours.
- Posed photographs may be taken in the outdoor areas only unless given special permission by the owners.
- Remain on the pathways and grassy turf at all times.
- Do not disturb or remove plants, containers, garden accents or any other merchandise to stage a photo.
- Do not block access to pathways, roads or sales and garden areas.
- Guests should come dressed and prepared for their photo session. There are no changing areas available.
- Northwind reserves the right to restrict access to certain areas. Please check-in with staff when you arrive to find out what areas are restricted.
- Photography sessions must not interfere with the enjoyment of other customers or create any safety concerns.
Photo Permit Fees:
$75.00 for non-professional photography (per session)
$150.00 for professional photography (per session)
Although the beauty of the grounds may convey the atmosphere of a park, Northwind Perennial Farm is a private business and residence. Your cooperation with these policies will help ensure that the experience of all customers, visitors and those that live and work here, is a positive one. And, your support will help us maintain the beauty of the gardens for future photographers.